Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Thanking my son Charlie on his 26th birthday for never saying, "Please stop writing about me."


The first time I wrote about Charlie for public consumption, he was a newborn. Needless to say, he had no objection. 

Twenty-six years and probably millions of words later, he has yet to ask me to stop. For that, and for oh so much through the years, I thank him. 

Here's a sampling of what I've shared about him through the decades; in other words, what he's amicably gone along with. They start when he's in high school, about the time I started this blog. I wrote others in The Dallas Morning News, which, sadly, I think are lost for the ages. 

So I'll focus on what I have, and hope you enjoy them as much as I savored writing every word.



My apologies for getting a little carried away!


On getting his head shaved (for the first time)





On muddying up with a friend

On relying on relay partners




On not having another (whew!)

On being a friend and a brother

No comments: